Monday, July 28, 2008

Your the cheese for my macaroni...

Okay, so while I was home recovering from surgery my friend came over who I had not seen in way to long and brought with her Juno, which is a movie, but I tend to call it the experience. From the first scene I was smitten with this girl, her sarcasm oozed all sorts of goodness and she made me belly laugh which is always a plus. Not sure if you have seen this movie, but it is fantastic. I will be buying this as I think it deserves like your favorite ice cream to be enjoyed many times.

Truly you have to watch this movie. I think it was amazing.

So, being off to recover for surgery was really good for me, it definitely forced me to slow down. Did it keep me there, not really, I came back to work yesterday then had band practice, and it seems I am off and running again. I definitely need to remember that I need to take some time to just be alone. I really enjoyed reading, watching movies, spending time with my cats, I felt more relaxed then I have in a long time this past week and a half. It was nice to have a bit of solitude.

I am looking forward to heading up to Maine on vacation on the 16th. That will be another week of just relaxing. I will hike, kayake, and just have a great time. I loved being up there last year, it was a time in my life when I needed to decompress and put some things in perspective a bit. So I am hoping it will have that same affect on me this year.

*********************************************************************************

Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself and know that everything in this life has a purpose. ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

No comments: