Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Mornings

Monday mornings always seem to sneak up on is. I slept great even though I am starting to get nervous about my surgery. I know it will all be fine, it has just been a while since I had any surgery around my face and it just makes me a bit uneasy.

My sister will drop me off, and then my mother will come get me, bring me to get my fantastic pain pills. Then it is off to my couch to recoup, sleep, drool (I know.. attractive huh). I guess I just hate not knowing how long til I feel better. Hopefully I can convince my friends to come and rescue me on the weekend.. even for a drive. Otherwise I might lose my mind.

This past weekend was really nice. Drinks with work friends on Friday night, dinner with old friends on Sat night, and Sunday was a baby shower for my friend Lindsay who now lives in Vegas with her hubby Paul. It was so nice to see her. Last night I just went to the grocery store since I needed to stock my fridge for after my operation. Then it was silly moves, the end of High Fidelity and then Legally Blonde. Yes, it was some heavy stuff. Then a great nights sleep.

I had a tough week last week. Those that know me well know that. Between finding out I was having surgery, some stuff with my dad, and other things, I was a bit emotional. Not always good for me since it makes me overanalyze even the great things that are going on in my life. I have some great things going on.. family, friends, new friends, and just some possible really nice beginnings. The hard part is when I am feeling this way I tend to push people in my life away, and I dont even know when I am doing it til after I open my mouth. By then it is too late. I need to learn to process my thoughts better and take time to work through them alone at first. I am getting better at that I feel though, and that shows true growth as a person.

Life is a constant learning curve, however I feel the older I get the better I am at understanding what I need and want in all areas of my life. Sometimes I just lose sight of it all.

So, this time off becuase of my surgery will be really nice for me. Give me some time to just be relaxed.

Happy Monday all, I hope this week starts off to be a good one for you all.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

did someone say chick flick? you know i'll be there.