Thursday, July 10, 2008

You will never change.. this I know

The man that was once my hero
my tiny hand in your palms
the chase that lasted for hours in the hall

The face that used to make me smile
The hugs that would always make me feel safe
the innocence of a child

Those days are memories that I will always feel
however my days now move on
I want to believe your words again, but I cant

Understand I love you, and I always will
Daddy's little girl I can not be, I have to let it go
Please let my heart be free.

***********************************************

Love sometimes means letting go. Our ideals sometimes can not be what we want. Someone can say they are sorry, and eventually it becomes words that are not followed by actions. I hope that at the end of the day when I speak to God that he hears the breaking of my heart and he heals it every time.

Fathers.. love your children even when they are adults, there is always a little girl (or boy) inside that remembers.

2 comments:

RuthMarie said...

True. What is amazing is that the same God that heals your(our) broken hearts CAN change the heart of a sick, broken, selfish and stubborn old man. Gog functions in miracles every day.

RuthMarie said...

Oops God not Gog - :-)