Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wonderful Birthday Weekend











I had a wonderful birthday weekend. Started out with some good friends for dinner and drinks on Saturday. Sunday I spent the afternoon at my sisters for Fathers day and my actual birthday. It was so nice, and they had my favorite.. Ice cream cake! YUMMO! The funniest thing was that I had taken a hot dog and had it on my plate while I was getting my hot dog roll ready, and when I look down it is gone. I look around and my father starts laughing, I look over to my left and my nephew Isaac was double fisted, he had his half eaten hot dog in one hand and mine with a bite out of it in his right hand. We all could not stop laughing. Isaac loves his food, I think that was one of 4 hot dogs he had that day. Man that boy can eat. I ended up staying over since I was going to the Aquarium on my day off with my sister and Isaac. Turns out we should have built an ark. We were soaked by the time we got back to the car to head home, and you can see the little sleeping man on this blog, he was wiped out from his trip.

I am really thankful for all those in my life. I know I am beyond blessed. I feel so loved and cared for. This birthday was really special to me, this past year has been one of self discovery for me that still continues and I am sure will for a long time. I have found a peace inside and a new sense of what is truly important in life. Love in its many forms is what keeps my heart in check. Learning to allow the goodness into my life and to know that it is here for a reason and to not look for the negative in it. So many things to look forward to this next year and I am really excited about it. To all my friends and family thank you. FB, thanks for making this year even more special! You truly rock!

**********************
“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” Abraham Lincoln

No comments: