Friday, June 5, 2009

Oh Summertime, my sweet love


Summer you call to me all year long, and when you saunter in and your light shines through my window I hear the birds sing. The world seems to move more, peoples laughter bounces off building walls and into my living room as I sit on my couch and feel the breeze that often comes with early June. You call me to walk by the ocean and feel that air that when it touches my face makes me feel alive. I want to take my shoes off and feel the cool blades of grass as they tickle the bottom of my feet. I want to walk to the edge of the water and feel the cold as it touches my toes. Life seems so much sweeter this time of year. I think perhaps that is what makes my birthday and turning another year older not so bothersome to me. Somehow the magic of June makes me feel 5 again. It turns the days longer and time seems to stand still. I am in love with you Summer, you are the season that God chose for me to become a part of this world. You will always be close to my heart. We are connected, and I feel the renewal every year when you approach. I am like a child at Christmas when I know you are arriving, I want to wake up early and greet you. I cherish the memories of the summer all year long and it gets me through the cold and dark times. So sweet summer, we will have many wonderful moments this year, and I will carry them in my pocket when the fall enters and my sweaters come out of hybernation.

No comments: