Monday, January 12, 2009

Think before you act

I think a lesson can be learned from recent events in my life is we all need to think before acting. I believe in living a life of true honesty, and that means being true to how I feel. I feel that I give my friends the truth, I have not been so good about it over the years and have really made an effort to be more upfront.

Recently this year that has been tested ALOT. Unfortunately not everyone can take the truth, and sometimes can be hurt by it and not truly understand that you are trying to help them out of love.

I believe that I have been a great friend. I am always been there when they need me and always 100% supportive of all they are going through, whether I fully understand it or not. It is sad that things said out of love and support get turned against you and you feel that not saying anything would have been better. That is not a good feeling. Truth in life and in friendship is what I will always strive for. I will own it when I do something wrong, and I will listen when others see me spiraling out of control. This is what a GREAT friend does, tells us, and then helps us and lifts us up.

Sadly life has many twist and turns, and I can not change what happens, I can just deal with it and move on.

No comments: