Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fly me to the moon



Okay, well maybe not the moon. However if it is warmer I am all for it! I just want to jump in my car and drive today. No destination in mind. I am just feeling that itch to stretch my legs, blare my music and sing at the top of my lungs. To discover a new breakfast place that has the BEST french toast. I want to climb to the top of a new mountain and see what it looks like from way up there. I want to stay at a B&B in the middle of Vermont and wake up to the sun peeking through the window and drink a cup of tea on a porch swing. I want to wander through cute stores that make there own jam, and try there homemade fudge. I want to end up in a dive bar with a good beer and a guy playing acoustic guitar in the corner and when I leave I know half the people at the bar and we all just had a sing along. Joe (the bartender of course) tells me to come back next time I find myself lost in his town. To get lost in a world of adventure, to have funny little stories to tell when I come back to reality.
Instead though, today I will dream of all this, and then when the next day is here that I can do it, I will hope in my car, put my shades on and drive.

********************************
"Across the wall of the world,
A River sings a beautiful song,
It says, come rest here by my side."

From "on the Pulse of Morning" by: Maya Angelou

No comments: