Thursday, January 8, 2009

Stolen from the lovely Sarah (who borrowed from Amy): Love Letters

(lovely amy over at doobleh-vey)

"Someday I want to hold a letter writing workshop and travel the country in a silver Airstream and show people how delicious is is to write love letters again.I love texts and little words floating in and out of computers, but the sound of pen to paper makes me most delirious. The way letters bend and sparkle across a page cannot be rivaled by even the greatest font foundry. The way "I love you" looks in bold black sharpie or the backwards wonky letters of a preschooler can buckle my knees and break my heart...
Write letters.
Love Letters."

How amazing is that. I mean really! I love that. I remember before all this crazy internet stuff, I used to always send cards and letters. I used to write poetry on paper and actually journal on paper too. Where did those days go.

I vow to write more letters, more cards, and in general get back to the bare bones of communication.

Just think how lovely it would be to receive a card from someone you see maybe every week or have not heard from in a while

No comments: