Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thursdays with Tara

Morning!

Thursday August 7th, really?? where did the summer go, it seems to just drift by. Could be that I am much more relaxed this time of year, and always in better spirits when the sun is shining. Today however is a rather gloomy day, and I hope it improves a tad.

Tonight my friend Susan and I are going to Poison, Dokken and Sebastian Bach. Thats right, it is back to the 80s night for us. Should be a GREAT show, and then we are actually going to Bret Michaels after party which should prove to be an interesting evening. No worries, I have my camera here and I will be taking many pictures! :)

I have been having a really busy week. Sadly my band found out a few weeks ago that we are losing our drummer Paul. He and his family are moving to Texas. We have spent the last 3 nights auditioning drummers. It has been interesting and included a guy that "drove big trucks" (yes my friends, that is a direct quote). However, last night we had a great guy come in and audition. We are hoping it will be a good fit for all of us as we move forward into our fall gigs.

Overall the last few months have been great. Good times with friends and family, and just enjoying the last few weeks of summer. I do have to say I am looking forward to the fall, I love the leaves changing color and apple picking. Being able to put on a warm sweater and watch the sun go down. Ah yes, sorry, I am getting all romantic on you here.

Enjoy Thursday my friends and be good to each other!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

2 comments:

Susan said...

Back to the 80s Thursday night for us baby!

Anonymous said...

You are going to have a ball! Look out for Bret's honey..she looks innocent but I bet she can fight if she thinks u looking at her man. :) Have fun and take tons of pics!!!