Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Maine, Thinking and Horses.. Oh My..

HELLLLOOOOOO!

Did you miss me while I was gone?

I was on vacation last week, way up in Greenville Maine. That is Moosehead Lake Region and it was absolutely just what the doctor ordered. I spent time hiking, going for a bike ride, horseback riding, and spent Thursday doing absolutely nothing but reading on the deck all day before meeting my comrades for dinner a a BBQ place down the road. It was amazing. I dont remember a day when I did that. I was so still at one moment that a bird landed on my knee, the moment it realized I was a person it took off pretty fast. It was so quiet, and I could hear the birds chirping and at one point heard possibly what was either a moose or a dear eating bark out past the yard.

I had been going nonstop since I can remember, and to take the time to just not doing anything was amazing. I decided then that I was going to take one day out of every month and do just that.

Oh, and I actually did some work on that book I am trying to write, I think I might be on to something.

I did alot of thinking up there, and really regrouped and realized the things that are important to me. I came back feeling happier then I have been in a long time. A peace that was so refreshing. I know the things I want to work on personaly and professionally, and also that I need to learn to slow down sometimes. Life is not a race, it is the journey that is the most important.

Well I will write more later this week, but just wanted to drop a line and add a picture or two!

Til then, be good to each other.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice entry...and nice pics! i found your blog looking for info about maine (ciao from italy!)