Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A refreshing realization

It is amazing to me that at 32 I still learn things about myself that perhaps at first I am not happy with, but as the discovery unfolds actually makes me like myself more. I know the older we get we will learn more about the mistakes we have made in the past and the choices that led to some of the things that happened. I just never realized just how wrong I was in some areas of my life. I have not regrets to the things I have done because they have all made me who I am and I can look in the mirror and truly appreciate who I have become as a women.

A very close friend recently made me aware of something. I am not going to go into detail as it is very personal. However the moment she mentioned it, I took my blinders off and realized she was right. I was avoiding truly recognizing the disconnect in that area and it made me look at the situation a different way. I will have to thank her when I see her, because she was absolutely right.

Today I woke up with a really big smile on my face, since that realization has lead to another eye opener. I am not even going to think about it anymore, I am just going to enjoy this ridiculous grin and this even more ridiculously beautiful day.

I guess, my moral to this mysterious story is that we should sometimes step outside and listen to a friend pointing something out. They really could be on to something. Beautiful surprises are around every corner. If we take the time to see what is blocking us from them perhaps we would all be smiling alot more in life.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."
Charles Bukowski (1920 - 1994), From "Betting on the Muse"

No comments: