Saturday, August 30, 2008

Learning to let go

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us.
-- Joseph Campbell

Letting go, always a challenge in life. It is human nature to want to plan our life out and have it happen just the way we want. However life intervens. We got through pain and hurt, love begins and love ends, people we love get sick and die. We realize we have no control. This all drives us crazy. I hate not having control, but have found peace with letting it go.

It is what it is. *laugh* that statement drives some people crazy, but it is true. Some things are out of our hands. What we can do is wake up each day and say to the world "what have you got for me". Walk the life we feel is best, love others and live honestly. That is truly all we can expect from people.

I can not make someone like me, or make someone my puppet to do what I want when I want, feel what I want when I want them to feel it. This is not reality.

I instead walk each day knowing that I will have the best in life, and so will those that I care for.

No comments: