Thursday, April 3, 2008

* Thankful *

It is amazing how a moment can change your whole week. I have been in a funk all week, stress, anxiety. I am sure for a number of reasons. Sad that I am not moving further along in areas I want to be, feeling sorry for myself because I am single.. every little thing that is "wrong" with my life was magnified 100% this week for me. That all stopped at about 8:40AM this morning when I got on the Orange line and turned around and there was a man in a wheelchair that could only move his arms. In that moment I was horrified at how I felt all week, and felt so selfish. I realized instead of all the things that I am missing, why am I not paying attention to all that I actually have and what I have achieved. Be thankful for the gifts I have and the people that I am so blessed to have in my life now. Mostly to realize that some of the things I take for granted this man can't even do. Sometimes it takes one moment when I feel that God says.. "Tara, wake up and look around you, you have been blessed"

Today will be spent with my chin up realizing that in moments of weakness, when I feel sorry for myself I need to look around me and take in others challenges in life and realize we all have them and that sometimes our focus just needs to be adjusted to see beyond them.

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances. " - Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)

No comments: