Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fairytale




Okay so I told you from time to time I would add lyrics. Well I love Sara Bareilles right now, and I was listening on the train this AM, and the lyrics to the song Fairytale made me laugh. It is a song I should listen to more! :) Enjoy!


"Fairytale"


Cinderella's on her bedroom floor

She's got aCrush on the guy at the liquor store

Cause Mr. Charming don't come home anymore

And she forgets why she came here


Sleeping Beauty's in a foul mood For shame

she saysNone for you dear prince, I'm tired today

I'd rather sleep my whole life away

than have you keep me from dreaming


[Chorus:]

'cause I don't care for your fairytales

You're so worried about the maiden though you know

She's only waiting on the next best thing


Snow White is doing dishes again cause

What else can you doWith seven itty-bitty men?

Sends them to bed and calls up a friend

Says will you meet me at midnight?


The tall blonde lets out a cry of despair says

Would have cut it myself if I knew men could climb hair

I'll have to find another tower somewhere

and keep away from the windows


Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom

Man made up a story said that I should believe him

Go and tell your white knight

that he's handsome in hindsight

But I don't want the next best thing


So I sing and hold my head down

and I break these walls round me

Can't take no more of your fairytale love


I don't care I don't care

Worry bout the maiden though you know

She's only waiting spent the whole life being graded on the sanctity of patience and a dumb

Appreciation

But the story needs some mending and a better happy ending

Cause I don't want the next best thing

No no I don't want the next best thing

No comments: