Monday, April 7, 2008

Ignorance is bliss


Monday mornings always bring the hustle to get out of the apartment, and there always seems to be something I am forgetting, or something holding me up. So I find I always am at least 5-10 minutes behind schedule of where I want to be. So I get to the train, and I am one of the lucky ones where it is an early enough stop and I always get a seat. So I sit down with my ipod, get all cozy and relax for my ride in. This is when I will take the time to tell you that I am 3 seats in from the door and on my left and right are two gentlemen (I use the term VERY loosely here). So we get two stops into our journey, and reach North Quincy Station. I look and see a women get on the train who has a baby in one of those carriers that you wear. I wait a moment to see if either of the men on the sides of me.. or the women that is RIGHT near the door even move or make a gesture to give up there seat. Do you think they did? NO! So.. Tara does, as always. Both men look at me..and still let ME give up my seat. I dont know why this bothers me so much as I see it all the time and have had to do it all the time. I just wish people were not so ignorant. It just really bothers me. I dont mind giving my seat up, but when I see men there and I was raised on traditional values, I get really irritated. I know it is 2008 and I dont expect a man to give me a seat just becuase I am a women, but women that are pregnant, or have a child, that is a different story. Oh well. Lets hope that I can set an example to some people out there. I just wish people paid attention to there surroundings and were not so caught up in there world.
Happy Monday! :)

No comments: