Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blue Mood

I don't know where my head is this week. Lots of thoughts are running through my head. I feel kind of stuck in a strange funk. Could it be turning 35 this week that has me in a bit of a mood. I am sure that is part of it. I have been doing a lot of thinking about the past and decisions I have made. I am not having regrets, because I really do believe it is what has made me who I am today. I just feel myself drawn back to certain moments in my life, and people from my past. I am analyzing a lot of how things went and taking time to soul search and perhaps work on how I deal with things and mainly my emotions and reactions when dealing with things. I think we are always evolving who we are and who we want to be. I definitely have been looking into how I process things and also how I deal with certain situations. I am stubborn and that is something I admit fully, although I still have a hard time learning how to not be. I will hold back thoughts and feelings and not express how I feel until it hits a boiling point and that is not healthy. I always thought I was a good communicator, however perhaps we all think we are. I need to focus on making that better moving forward. I am lucky though, I have the ability to look above this funk and know that it will pass. I just have to power through this blue moment and know that I will be better when I come out of it.

*************************************
That's one of the peculiar things about bad moods - we often fool ourselves and create misery by telling ourselves things that simply are not true.
David D. Burns

No comments: