Friday, June 3, 2011

Perfection

"He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold on to him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break.

Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you."

— Bob Marley

*****************

I saw this on another blog I follow and I found it so utterly true and even though it is something that logically makes sense and is obvious it is nice to read as a reminder. I am not in love right now, nor am even I close to being in love, but I want to always remember when I do find a beautiful soul to give my love to that there is no perfect person. I like to say that I want to find a man that finds perfection in my imperfections. There is something to what my Nana always told me when she spoke of unconditional love and that in that lies the secret to being able to be with someone and give yourself completely. I don't want to change the man I love someday, I want to celebrate our differences and adore each other in spite of the things that are not always so great. Isn't there something to be said for being with someone that makes you want to be better, but loves you right where you are?

No comments: