Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trust

Trust is a concept I used to be really great at. I would trust someone right away and not question. I now have reached the other end of the spectrum where I do not trust at all right away. I am learning that you need to put a little trust in someone or something, but also keep a clear head about it all. No one and no thing in your life is perfect, life and the people around you will let you down. That is reality. However I am learning to try and not let it all sour me to the person that I am. I am naturally a person that follows my heart, and I will do that continually throughout the course of my life. However I am also learning that I need to be more aware of my life and know when to put a hold on that trust in certain situations. It is a learning curve I think we all go through over and over again in life. It is not a bad thing, and I just need to find a certain balance with it all. Wearing my heart on my sleeve is part of what makes me who I am, and for that I am thankful. Life is short, I want to constantly embrace the moments. Some will make me laugh, some cry, but at the end of my amazing life, they will all be the things that made me who I am. In the words of one of my favorite poets Maya Angelou:

I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

No comments: