Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Peaceful and relaxed

I went on vacation last Thursday to Bar Harbor Maine. It was to be a part of my friend Heather and Matts wedding. From the moment we saw our cabin in the woods, my mother and I were instantly relaxed. The walk we took down to the beach was magical, and seeing the view from the rocks of the water brought such a sense of peace. I needed to get away, I was letting the stress of life start to get to me a bit. Being out in nature, and celebrating my two friends decision to spend forever together made me realize all the little things in life that matter. It was truly a beautiful weekend and I come back with a renewed spirit. I am ready for the challenges and know that in life we really do not need to sweat the small stuff.

*********************
Written thoughts from this weekend:

There is something so magical about the way the ocean hits the rocks. It covers them like a new mother would swaddle their child. It washs them and leaves a glistening film of water. The way the sunset dances off the beads of water is enchanting. I am amazed at this beautiful earth, the magic that God created. I believe this is what makes the hard days not seem so bad, makes the sadness we have felt in life find solace. For me the ocean has always been that escape. It wraps me in its wonder. Not many things in life have left me speechless, but these moments have a tendency of doing that to me.

No comments: