Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good Karma

My friend and I were just discussing good karma and how we believe if you do good things in your life it does eventually come back to you. I know for me it did this weekend, with my car having issues and it still being under my warranty. Then to be given a loaner that only had 300 miles on it. I think it was because I am always nice to customer service people and understand what it is like to be in that type of job. I think that if more people were nicer to others they would see that in general people will respond better to you when you are treating them well.

This weekend was so nice. I got out to see my friends cover band "Red Square" play the battle of the cover bands at Olivers Nightclub at the Cask & Flagon. My band could unfortunately not be there as my other singer is on a cruise! So I was glad I could get these guys in there. They are great people and came in second, so that made me really happy. Saturday was spent with my sister after dropping my car off for service. It was really nice to spend a day with her alone. We have not had a chance to do that since Isaac was born 2 years ago. I adore that boy, but Ruth and I had a wonderful time. We had some breakfast then went shopping for a dress she needs for a wedding in June. I am amazed at how well we get along now compared to growing up. I think I just realize more how much I adore my family. My sister is great, we are different, but we can celebrate those differences more now. I had plans that evening with FB, and again had another great time. He is just really easy to be around. I truly enjoy getting to know him. Sunday was spent rehearsing some new songs for the next gig and then the supermarket and pure vegging which was definitely needed.

I am no gearing up to head to Bar Harbor Maine on Thursday with my mother for my best friends wedding that I am in. I am beyond excited. It will be really nice to get away and my Mom is really looking forward to the vacation. We both need it. We have a cabin at the base of the park and are looking forward to morning coffee hikes right from the back yard. I am sure it will be an exhausting weekend, but overall lots of smiles and celebrating Heather and Matt's love. What could be better then being a part of someones future?

**************************
"The story of a love is not important - what is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity." Helen Hayes

2 comments:

RuthMarie said...

Very sweet post. You forgot to mention how I got a great Talbots jacket with the tags still on it for $25 at the cool Consighment shop by your apartment. I'm sure everyone who reads your blog would appreciate hearing about that. :-)
Bone to pick: Karma? Do you really believe in karma - http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=karma
Just saying. A person's words are really important so I just wanted to know if that's what yuo really believe.
Much Love,
RM

Tara said...

Yeah.. I believe in Karma.. not in the reincarnation aspect. However I believe what we do comes back to us. It is the same with getting into heaven based on how you live your life.