Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seriously, He's just not that into you

OKAY! So I did it. I saw the movie a few weekends ago with some friends, and I found myself cringing at some of the things I learned. I gave in and I bought the book and literally read it in a day and a half.

I have fallen victim to many of the things in the book and it made me sad, but also made me more self aware then I have ever been. It brought clarity to the patterns that I have seen in my dating life.

The truth is if he is not calling you, not calling in advance to make plans, and just acting really laid back about it all, he is *gulp* just not that into you. I know, many of you are thinking, I am a great catch, why is he not that into you *laugh*. Well I have unfortunately always thought I was the exception to the rule, but I am in fact the rule.

I am worth the effort and I am worth having someone put that extra time into. I feel that I give back more then they could imagine when I feel that I am being treated the way I deserve. I let myself be a bit of a doormat, and I make the excuses i.e. His last gf was a real jerk and hurt him, so he just needs time or He has a hard time opening up, I just need to be patient. Well the truth is we have all been hurt, I have had my fair share of cry sessions on the phone with my friends. We need to leave the past where it is or else we lose out on what could be a wonderful moment in our lives.

At the end of the day if someone thinks you are worth the time and effort they will do it. If they think spending time with you is important, they will make sure they get on your calendar.

I know some of this may sound bitchy, however I think at the end of the day, I dont get the effort I feel I put in. I lay it all on the line when I really like someone, and I think that in return, I should spend my time with someone that will lay it all on the line for me.

I am worth it, and the right man will know that someday! :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

You KNOW I agree with you there.