Friday, March 27, 2009

In Memory: Jill Moran (Collins)

Last night was the wake for Jill Moran. Jill was a 43 year old mother to four children under the age of 13 and amazing wife To Chris Moran. I met Jill when I was 14 years old. I was involved in a camp in high school and she was on the staff. Jill was the most joyful person that I have ever met to date. She had this smile that was contagious, her eyes would sparkle and her laughter could make any ones day. You could not be around her and not be thankful for every moment. Unfortunately I had not seen Jill in years, however she was the kind of person that you never forget. When you hear her name you would smile and remember a moment. For me I remember vividly toilet papering her house when I was in high school. Chris and her has just moved in and it was a tradition that you had to do something to someones house to christian it. It was a great night and she just laughed at the whole thing.

I think last night what amazed me the most was the love that her husband had in his eyes. He said to me that he was lucky to be married to her and have his best friend around. He was saying that it always amazed him how at the end of the day he used to still get excited coming home to her, and he would kiss and hug her as much as he could. To see that kind of amazing love really touched my heart. Also made me realize that is what I am holding out for as well.

The man lost his best friend and mother to his children, however feels blessed to have had the time to love her.

Rest in Peace Jill, your spirit will be missed by all who's path you crossed in life. However it will not be forgotten. You were a gift to this earth. Your children will grow up to be a reflection of you.

1 comment:

RuthMarie said...

psst...she was only 43 - would have been 44 in May. :-)