Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year

Happy New Year to everyone.

Wow, is it really going to be 2009? Seriously! I think that is crazy. It is so funny that the older we get the faster the years go by. I am looking forward to a new year.

I can't believe that I have lived in my apartment now for over a year now. Life changes and moves so fast. Sometimes I just want to say, "hey, slow down". It reminds me of when I was a kid at the playground. Do you remember that one thing that you could spin and kids could be on it? Well we used to all try and get on when it was spinning, and sometimes it was going so fast it was hard. I feel that is how life is, it is spinning so fast and we are all on for the ride, sometimes we get off and then find it hard to get back on. I just sometimes think we are all in such a fast pace that we need to learn to step back a bit. I definitely think I have really gotten better over the past few months at learning to breath. I recognize more the things that I do that are not healthy and then also know the way to fix it. That is an acheivement I think. I learned that letting go is a great thing, and sometimes it leads to answers you were looking for all along.

I have also been taught many hard lessons this year, and all have made me stronger and more aware. Friendships tested, that has caused hurt and pain, but also brought a realization that things do come full circle and everything has resolution if you are open to it. Learning that people can not be what you want them to be, but we need to instead love and be steadfast in that love. See Love is a choice, it is something that we do becuase we want to. Loving other people also means doing it unconditionaly. That is something we all tend to forget. It does mean that you are open to hurt and disappointment, however, I would rather love and risk it. Our family, friends, Significant others are all going to hurt us, we are human, it is in our nature. All we can do is learn that forgiveness is also a choice and know that if the shoe were on the other foot we would want to be forgiven also.

I pray that 2009 makes me an even better women. That I can be the kind of person that I will want my children to be someday. I want to love more and even better, I want to forgive more. Let this year be a year full of laughter and joy for all of my family and friends.

Know that I love you all, and that the one thing to remember always is that tomorrow is a new day, and there are not mistakes in it.

No comments: