Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Merry, Happy Happy, Jingle all the way

Oh my lovelies!

It is Christmas time again, and how did this sneak up on me. I love this season. I was talking to someone the other day though and this year definitely has a different feel to it. I think becuase the economy is so bad that it just feels like people are learning that less is more and that it is not about giving and receiving presents. I feel that more people are realizing that this time of year is about family and friends, and seeing that it is the simple things that matter. The time we spend together is more precious then anything we can give or get as a present.

This year I am so thankful for the love in my life. My sister is a wonderful mother to my nephew who never ceases to amaze me with that little smile of his and the older I get is not only a sister but a friend. Her husband who has been a blessing on my sister and our family and is one of the best fathers I have seen. My brother who courageously walks through life and takes new challenges on. My mother who has her ups and downs, but really at the end of the day loves us more then we could ever imagine, and is my best friend. Matt who has been a wonderful surprise in my life and makes me want to be an even better person. Of course I can not leave out my dad, we may not have the greatest relationship and it may never be great, but I do love him, and I pray for him everyday.

This year, instead of the money we spend, lets dedicate this next year to spending more time with those we love. Make the time to say the things you always forget to say. Remember that a hug and a smile go a long way. Also remember that "I love you" are the most powerful words out there, so tell your family. It never gets old, and always fills a heart.

1 comment: