Thursday, October 1, 2009

Tough Decisions

“Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” - Tim Robbins
*********
But what is my decision. The act of getting there is what makes it a harder journey. I am not going to lie, I am wishy washy when making decisions, I used to be so impulsive that now I think I fear making a decision because I am not sure if after making it I will feel the way I thought I would. I know that does not really make complete sense. However I fear maknig the wrong choice that I am not making any at all. I am just in limbo. I sit here in turmoil knowing where I think I am leaning, but not liking that outcome and wishing that I could turn the clock back a bit and see where my head was weeks ago before all of this. I want to feel that again, but I know there is not going back in life, we can only go forward and make the best choices we can. That being said, what is the best choice for me right now? Is it to follow my gut here not fully knowing how I feel, or to stay in this indecision a little longer til I feel completely at peace with whatever choice I make.
Decision are alot harder when you know you chance hurting someone or mulitple people. However I do know I have to do what is best for me in the end. I need to find peace with it and move forward. I do think more time is needed for me to truly know where I am going here. I know in the end I will have to make a choice and stick to it, I need to not second guess myself and hope that I have done what is best for my life and where it is going. It is a scary place to be, but this is life. We have to make the tough choices and never look back, but learn from them all. I feel I have come a long way with acceptance in regards to my past and I have a positive outlook on my future.

No comments: