Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time for Change

I put my stereo on as I made my way to the gym to hear the end of Barack Obamas acceptance speech. My heart was indeed full.

Today marks the start of a new era. As an american I have a spring in my step today. If you supported McCain now is the time to let that go and realize that Obama sympbolizes something greater then we can imagine. This country elected an african american president. This is a country that was knee deep in slavery for far to long and last night, we came together as a nation to elect Barack Obama. I feel that there is a shift in this country for the first time in a long time. People are finally saying, enough! We need to take control of this country again, bring it back to the bare bones and rebuild the futures of our children.

Will Barack have what it takes? Is this the change we need? I know these are all questions we are all asking. The real answer is we will not know for a while. I just have to have faith that it will all be for the best. I am sure he will make decisions I do not agree with, but that is life. That happens in all relationships in my life.

We have been drowned in racism for far to long. Last night has shown that this country has become more blended then ever. I could not be prouder to be an american the this morning.

I know it will not all be roses, and we should not let the historical meaning of last night cloud our vision of a better future. I only pray that Barack Obama will prove himself and do what he can to better our world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.