Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Slowing down

PHEW! It has been a crazy few weeks full of good times and some not so fun times in my life. However it all has a positive spin so we will focus on that. My baby brother got married on May 1st! It was a weekend full of new traditions and old. My brother married a wonderful woman who's family is from India, so we got to be a little immersed in that culture throughout the weekend. I even got to wear a sari, and I have to say I have never felt more beautiful. It was so amazing to see how tender my brothers heart is and to see how deeply in love he and his beautiful bride are. I can only wish to have a love like that someday. It was so nice to celebrate the journey they have taken together with all of my loved ones. I will remember that weekend always!
I also moved into my new apartment this past Saturday and I am slowly making it my own. I just wish the genie that unpacks boxes would hurry up and get there! I also recorded on my phone a blog that I will post once I have Internet set up there. I got my iPhone recorder and turned it on and while sitting on the floor of my new living room the day before I moved, just me and a beer, I recorded how I was feeling in that moment. I think I need to do that more. I find I can express myself better when I can just talk freely.
This journey over the last 3 weeks has been interesting, painful, eye opening and liberating all at once. I am where I am for a reason, I wish I did not have to go through this, but it has made me stronger and I feel confident about my path and the future. I need to take responsibility for the choices I made, learn from them and be a better person because of them.

*************************************
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."
~ Maya Angelou

No comments: