Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Endless night

The summer sun was slipping slowly as the cool breeze ushered in to end the day.
The ocean always did sound so peaceful at night, sometimes it was hard to know if it was the sounds of the water crashing on the rocks or the beating of my heart that I could hear. I always found this to be the time of day when my thoughts were clearest. I wish I could bottle this moment and take it out on a day when the world is full of needless noise. The feeling of the sand under my feet, laughing to myself as it tickles my toes, the old sweatshirt that no matter how old it gets is always a comfort as the evening cools. It is a night like this that I wish time would stop and allow me to soak it in as long as my little heart desires.

*******************************
If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance. ~Bern Williams

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at taralouisefitz.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Mark