Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Fall, Music and Silly smiles.. Oh my

The fall is here, it seemed like one day the trees were a full green, and this weekend I noticed that BAM it was full of vibrant color. Even though the idea of winter coming after fall always makes me a bit sad, there is something about the colors changing that bring me warmth. I love the cozy feeling of a sweater on a brisk day. Being able to run around without getting sweaty. This weekend was fully of wonderful colors and unseasonably warm air. It felt so great to be outside and enjoying the day.

I found myself gearing up for this coming weekend and my gig with the band. I love how just when I am getting the urge to sing and let out some energy a gig is right around the corner. We have our new drummer with us this Saturday and we are all looking forward to jamming out. I love the new venue we play at and look forward to some good times. Darren is an amazing drummer and we are really lucky to have him. Music and singing makes me so ridiculously happy. For some reason a good beat, or inspiring lyrics can change a whole day for me. Some words lately that have got to me are:

*Lyrics to Place in this world: Taylor Swift*

I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
cause I'm still trying to figure it out
don't know what's down this road, but I'm walking
trying to see through the rain coming down
even though I'm not the only one
who feels the way I do.

*lyrics from Come on get Higher: Matt Nathanson*

So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love
So come on, get higher, loosen my lips
Faith and desire in the swing of your hips
Just pull me down hard
And drown me in love

Music is to me a drug. It lifts me up when I am down. Helps me to cry when I need to just let it out. It is a magical escape from my thoughts when they overwhelming.

Overall I had a wonderful weekend which ended on a really high note. I was pleasantly awakened Sunday evening, and have had a silly grin ever since.

No comments: